Wednesday, March 9, 2011

You're a Shining Starr


I am doing a little write up while Alexie F. is on vacation, celebrating some great creative milestones in his life. I do know that he is deeply saddened by this loss. Alexie is a huge fan of Alice in Chains, and was devastated by the loss of Layne Staley. Read Alexie F’s beautiful tribute to AIC & Layne. http://alexief.blogspot.com/2009/12/w-ooooooooowi-have-loved-this-band-for.html






Michael Christopher "Mike" Starr, the original bassist in AIC……for me was the guy that I often noticed. Yes Layne had that haunting voice that we loved, but in songs like Rooster, that bass was the thing that pulled me in before I even hear the first vocal. His look to me was just too adorable. The long wavy brown hair that flowed over his Asian tats & bass was more of my tastes…lol And the way he played was no joke.


Sadly when I got to see him 2 years ago on a reality show... He didn’t have that same Umph…you know he was a man who was still aching for his fallen brother… That loss must have been a huge part of his pains & demons he battled after Layne was gone.


I was rooting for him to get thru the pain… but sadly, sometimes prayer isn’t always enough…And in silence we need to listen a little closer….Pain isn’t always so black & white.


R.I.P. MIKE STARR

No comments:

Post a Comment